Today’s post spotlights 9 franchise operations software features you need to include in your selection criteria if you want to create competitive advantages for your brand.
Before you buy, make sure your franchise operations software includes:
- Cross-platform functionality. Today, virtual business matters take place across multiple platforms: mobile device, laptop, tablet, and desktop. If your franchise operations software doesn’t have a mobile app, for instance, you’re in trouble. Whether you choose a cloud-based system or modular, integrated software (or both!), just make sure you’re not compromising on cross-platform functionality.
- Real-time monitoring capabilities. Monthly reports are standard practice, but what happens when a major threat or opportunity arises the day after delivery? If you want to maintain a competitive advantage, you simply can’t afford to wait 30+ days between overviews. Real-time monitoring, preferably laid out in a custom-built dashboard display, is essential.
- Auto-generated pipeline reports. If you aren’t using franchise operations software, you’re probably missing out on a lot of vital information. It’s understandable – staying on top of metrics manually is a full-time job – but also unforgivable in today’s technological climate. Half-decent franchise operations software should deliver auto-generated pipeline reports that highlight hot leads, expansion opportunities, marketing performance, and high-priority problems that need to be addressed.
- Self-service support options for franchisees in need. Franchise operations software employs intranet technology to create more robust support services. In addition to retaining support staff for high-priority problems, you can upload, edit, and share all training and operations material in a password-protected virtual library for franchisees to use as a self-service hub. Our Franchise Support module also allows you to store instructional videos, FAQs, and step-by-step procedures to integrate multiple processes.
- Heat-seeking lead generation tools. Our franchise operations software employs a “heat meter” to tell franchisors exactly which candidates are worth spending time on. Invest your valuable time wisely, and wait for an email alert when a new lead is ready to talk.
- Streamlined, multi-level communications. As in any relationship, communication is key. Your franchise operations software should make it easy to reach out and speak with any member of your franchise family in a secure fashion, and also reduce franchise-wide broadcasts and memos down to a few simple clicks. The best software will let you do all this from the same platform you use to speak with leads and otherwise manage your business.
- Enterprise-level controls. If you’re trying to run a multi-unit franchise, comprehensive enterprise management software is nonnegotiable. CEOs cannot waste time reaching out to individual franchise owners for performance reports, marketing feedback, and territory info. They rely on enterprise-level controls that seamlessly integrate data from all branches, outlets, and territories, then lay it out in a “grand campaign” style to enable big-picture business decisions.
- Modern scheduling capabilities. If your franchise operations software is limited to a basic calendar scheduler, the likes of which you’ll find on any mobile device from now back to the early 1990s, you’re missing out. Our robust scheduling tools eliminate conflicts, provide immediate notice of overlapping shifts, indicate staff availability, track employee start and end times, allow for simple shift copying and importing, and can be managed and changed by any authorized user to spread the workload out amongst autonomous work crews. Plus, our scheduler automatically reminds employees about upcoming shifts or schedule changes via email or SMS.
- Comprehensive field service management capabilities. The same software you use for enterprise-level management should also improve your individual-level processes. Our franchise operations software includes a field service management module that allows franchisees to access field rep reports, job-to-invoice processing, referral source trackers, and more.
These 9 features should constitute your bare minimum selection criteria. Anything less is putting you behind the curve. If you want to learn about what else our franchise operations software offers, or need help evaluating your current system, visit http://www.franchisesoft.com to book a consultation with a member of our team.